Friday, August 12, 2011

R.I.P. Jani Lane (Vocals - Warrant)

Jani Lane in better days...

(Image via No Life Till Leather Man Blog)



Blabbermouth (via TMZ.com) is reporting that former Warrant lead vocalist Jani Lane was found dead in a Los Angeles area hotel room early last evening, August 11th. Lane was 47 years old.



Lane was pronounced dead by Fire Department personnel who responded to a call shortly before 5:30 p.m. in the Comfort Inn in the 20100 block of Ventura Boulevard in Woodland Hills, California, the Los Angeles Police Department said.



The cause of death was unknown, and the case was turned over to the Los Angeles county coroner's office, LAPD officer Sara Faden told the Los Angeles Times.



Lane was married three times and is survived by a wife and four children.




Sadly, to anyone who knows much about Jani's life over the past decade the news comes as no real surprise. I was sad to hear it - but not surprised. And while Warrant were never in my Top 10 favorite band, not even in my Top 20, I did and still do listen to them from time to time and saw them live once with Lane and once again a few years later after he'd been thrown out of the band. Here's one of my favorite Warrant tracks in memoriam. Rest in Peace, man...







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com