Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One From The Archives: 07/06/05 W.A.S.P./ L.A. Guns/ Stephen Pearcy/ Metal Church @ POV's, Andover, MN

07/06/05 Wasp/LA GUns/Stephen Pearcy/Metal Church @ Pov's, Andover, MN
(Image via: NYCDreamin Archives)

I had been quite looking forward to this show for a week or so, but I remained apprehensive as show-day approached. Would W.A.S.P. actually play? In 2005, they already had a nasty reputation for cancelling shows at the last minute and I hoped this show would go off with no problems.

The day of the show arrives, and a few hours before showtime, I decide I better call the venue and make sure the show is really on. I call and inquire...and the lady that answers the phone confirms my worst fears...W.A.S.P. had indeed cancelled their appearance for some lame reason or another, leaving the remaining bands to play at a reduced ticket price. I decided, even with the lowered admission cost, that I'd skip the long drive to Andover and instead head in to Minneapolis and see Stevie Nicks at the Target Center.

Six years later, L.A. Guns and Stephen Pearcy are still on the road most of the time. Metal Church has split up. And W.A.S.P. continues to disappoint fans by scheduling shows, selling tickets, then cancelling at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com