Sunday, July 31, 2011

Old Postcards from New York City to Back Home #28: 42nd Street at 6th Avenue

1947 42nd Street at 6th Ave., NYC Postcard (Front)
42nd Street as seen from 6th Avenue. Looking East. New York City.
(Images via: NYCDreamin Archives)

1947 42nd Street at 6th Ave., NYC Postcard (Reverse)

Mailed to:
The Johnson Family
4809 Bryant Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN

Postmark:
05/23/47

Card reads:
Dear Family, Believe it or not it is a bright clear sunny day here in N.Y. I know it seems strange to me also. I'm trying to get a ride to Washington D.C. today. I tried yesterday also but the weather was bad. Thank you very much for your letter with the enclosures of apples, plumb blossoms & violets. Will write again from Wash. D.C. - Love, Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com