Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Suggested Reading: "The Savage City: Race, Murder And A Generation On The Edge" by T.J. English (2011)


I usually wait until I am finished with a book to suggest it to anyone, but I'll make an exception in this case. For no particular reason, I popped into my local library last week and spotted this on the new releases shelf. I spotted the NYC photo on the cover from half-way across the room, took a 30 second glance at the book to see what it was about and then took it from the shelf and headed to the checkout counter. I started reading it the following day on my lunch break and I am now about 145 pages in and I can assure any of you who are interested in the social/racial history of New York City, especially during the 1960's and 70's, you will enjoy this book.

But don't just take my word for it, after all, I haven't even finished the damn thing yet. Here's author T.J. English, describing what the book is about in his own words. I'm sure his description of his work will be more likely to persuade you to pick up a copy than any review I could write...





Yeah, that's a lot cooler than what I could tell you about it....I know you want to read it now! Order up your very own copy at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com