Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New York City Images As Album/CD Cover Art #18: Michael James Band "Let The Good Times Roll" (1983)

Michael James Band - Let The Good Times Roll LP (Front Cover)

Michael James Band - Let The Good Times Roll LP (Back Cover)
(Images via: NYCDreamin Archives)

Artist: Michael James Band
Title: Let The Good Times Roll
Released: 1983

*I guess this band was from Minnesota. I'm not familiar with them or their music, although that doesn't really mean much either - I don't claim to be an expert on the history of Minnesota rock and roll. But, doing a quick Google search turns up very little (read: almost no) information on this particular Michael James Band, but plenty of info on several other outfits going by the same name, both current and past. No videos of this bunch on Youtube either. And I'm running a bit behind this morning so I don't have time to really dig any deeper, so just enjoy the fact that an 80's era band from Minnesota felt strongly enough about the New York City images above to use them on their album cover.

I was thinking it would have been kind of creepy if the artist had duplicated the small airplane with the "Let The Good Times Roll" banner trailing behind it image from the front cover onto the back cover as well...it would have looked as if it were flying straight into the WTC tower on the right of the back cover.

And apparently the album is kinda rare - seems to be fetching pretty decent prices - around $30.00 - on Ebay. I might have to go back to Cheapo Records in Minneapolis and pick up the $5.00 copy I saw there a few weeks ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com