Sunday, September 5, 2010

18 goin’ on 27 ;)

When I had first heard Bryan Adam’s rocking number - 18 Til I Die – more than a decade ago, I had little imagined that this song would become my anthem so many years later!

Crossing my silver jubilee last year had left me depressed enough to do a blog post citing 26 reasons why turning 26 sucks! You can read it here.

This year I feel slightly better - the impact of the shock that any number after 21 gives has not been so much. I think I have 3 more years to go before a full fledged paranoia envelopes my existence :D.

But then, on a more optimistic note, growing older doesn’t really meaning “growing up”! And I am sure the latter process is boring and painful.

So, while I try dealing with my quarter-life crisis, leaving you with this ageless song that has always been a great mood-lifter!!!

I wanna be young - the rest of my life
Never say no - try anything twice
Til' the angels come - and ask me to fly
Gonna be 18 'til I die - 18 'til I die
...
Don't wanna grow up - I don't see why
I couldn't care less if time flies by
...
Ya, it sure feels good to be alive
Someday I'll be 18 goin' on 55! - 18 'til I die...

(The embedded video below does not work - It will route you to the You Tube page that has this song)


P.S. Many people ask me why I am so comfortable broadcasting my age when most women would rather pass off as someone younger. My answer to them is one, stop generalizing us women :p and two, I might be scared of the clock ticking away but I am proud of all the years that have brought me so much joy and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com